Public transport should be a service, not a business. Transport policy should be decided on the basis of public need – not for the benefit of corporate shareholders.
We will make walking and cycling safer – better for our health and the environment.
Cheaper and cleaner
The Green Party would:
- Bring the railways back into public ownership and build new local lines and trams.
- Restore local government control over buses to improve provision and give them preferential road space.
- Work to reduce petrol and diesel use.
- Scrap the pointless and hugely expensive HS2 – a train line for the 1%, not the 99% of rail users.
- Introduce a standard 20mph speed limit on residential roads to keep children and other vulnerable pedestrians safe.
Have a look at our mini-manifesto here.